Greetings!

HELLO!
 

Shannon is my name and cruising is my game, or rather, a giant part of my life.
A big ship, the open ocean, boat drinks, tropical and exotic port stops, good food, great times, and a lot of sun- what's better than that?! 
I started cruising in 2007 and have been hooked since. I was raised a Carnival FunShip lover, having sailed 4 ships (Fascination in '07, Fantasy in '08, Destiny in '09, and Liberty in 2012) before taking a cruise break and trying out a few All-Inclusive resorts. I returned to cruising in 2015 by introducing my handsome partner to this way of life, and have since ventured out to try other cruise lines (Royal Caribbean Enchantment in '15, Norwegian Sky in '15, Royal Caribbean Independence in '16) but made my way back to Carnival in April 2017 on the Liberty and November 2017 on the Vista. We have a fun trip planned for June 2018 on the Carnival Magic and have a few other things up our sleeve for the realm of cruising 😁😇

The Lovely Voyage is meant to be reflective of both my wonderful cruising experiences and this (usually lovely) journey called life. For the past few years, I have been posting cruise reviews on a very addictive yet informative website called Cruise Critic, but recently discovered devastating news- my photo reviews had been destroyed by an evil photo website that decided to revoke third-party sharing rights. So now I have reviews with giant empty pictures where my photos used to be, and it really is heartbreaking. I'm hoping to transfer those over here (and adding back in the photos) to start building my posts, and keep myself busy while preparing for my cruise this November.

Thanks for joining me on the lovely voyage!

Comments