Carnival Liberty- April 2017- Post Five

Friday, Nassau, continued:
[Archived from April 2017]

After a few hours and multiple drinks, we walked back to the ship in a slightly altered state and did some shopping for our friends- luckily we didn’t spend too much money and nothing was regrettable. We headed back to the room to put our stuff down and to get ready for Sports Trivia and dinner. To our delight, the bathroom sink was fixed while we were at the beach, hooray! It took 24+ hours, 4 direct contacts with guest services, and our room steward had seen it once. Honestly I was slightly annoyed that it took that long to get fixed and at a point where it could be used to brush teeth, wash hands, etc., but I was mostly relieved that it finally was repaired. I didn’t expect a gift or an apology of any kind, I just wanted a working sink.

We headed to the Flowers Lobby Bar on deck 3, where a kids game competition was taking place. We sat and enjoyed the scenery and a drink before making our way up two flights to the Skybox Sports Bar. Makes sense that the Sports Trivia takes place in the Sports Bar, but there's not A LOT of seating, so it definitely can get cramped if a lot of people attend, and it was when we played trivia on the following evening. There's one bartender working in the Sports Bar, but service was pretty quick. The trivia was harder than we expected and we weren't very close to winning, but we had a good time interacting with the other cruisers playing trivia and the fun ship staff who was running the game. The Skybox is definitely a cool atmosphere and had a lot of different shows and sporting events on the screen to watch.


Skybox Sports Bar (Deck 5, mid):






Sports Bar Menu:


We arrived at dinner pretty close to 6pm and went to our table. It was elegant night, so I knew that meant American Feast instead of American Table, as well as tablecloths on the tables. I had read a lot on the CC boards about the discussion between tablecloths and missing them, and I will say it was slightly odd to not have tablecloths the night before, and I did enjoy them on Elegant Night. We sat down and waited for our tablemates to arrive, but within 5 minutes our server approached us and asked us to order. He must not have liked that the others were late! So we ordered and waited to see if anyone would join us for dinner that night. The couple that sat with us the night before once again came about 15 minutes late, and I wouldn’t consider what they were wearing as “elegant attire.” Now, I didn’t have on the fanciest cocktail dress nor did my fiancé have on a tux, but we definitely dressed up with very nice clothes and matched the atmosphere. We talked pleasantries again about our day in Nassau, how they were enjoying the ship, what plans were for the sea day, etc. 

American Feast Appetizers:



Entrees:


Desserts:


To review our meal choices, I had the Caesar salad which I found to be very fishy and not all that delicious. My fiancé had the sea scallops as his appetizer but can’t remember anything about them. For my entree I had the Blue Crab Ravioli which I think was good, and my fiancé had the Sea Bass. For dessert my fiancé had the Chocolate Hazelnut Cake, which he said was very chocolate-y but very good. I had the coffee cream cake but can’t remember my opinions on it. As a side note, I’ll definitely remember to write my reviews of the food right after dinner so I can actually give feedback and good thoughts on the food for my next cruise reviews! Sorry about the vague-ness!

After dinner we enjoyed more of the piano bar, as well as two comedy shows at 9:30 (Tom Foss) and 10:30 (Jodi White). We saw Tom Foss the night before and thought he was funny, so we liked seeing another show by him. This was our first time seeing Jodi White and we thought she was hilarious! Her show was definitely raunchy and not child-friendly at all, but super entertaining. By the time 11:30 rolled around and Jodi's show was over, we were really tired and headed to bed. I originally had plans to make it to the deck party at 11:30 but we apparently have no fun left in us and can't stay awake very late anymore!


Link to Next Post: Saturday, Day at Sea

Comments