Carnival Vista- 11/9 Thursday, Curacao- Post Two

Curacao, continued:

We did a little shopping while walking back in the "Broadway of Curacao," the main shopping strip full of luxury brands and tourist souvenir shops. We grabbed our little trinkets and gifts and kept walking towards the floating bridge and beautifully colored buildings. We took many photos of the very classic street of buildings and took time to look around and take in the colors and scenery. These colored buildings and the atmosphere of Curacao are the main reasons the my husband says today was his favorite port stop of the trip. I'll agree, it was simply wonderful to experience, on my birthday no less, and I would jump at the chance to go back.

My handsome husband in beautiful Curacao!


It was so sunny, my eyeballs couldn't make an appearance:


SO PRETTY. Can't believe we actually made it here. My husband grew up with artwork of these buildings in his house, so very cool he got to see it in person. Curacao was his favorite stop because of the colors, culture, and atmosphere.


The amazing Vista


After returning to the ship and getting into our cabin, we saw that our assistant room steward decorated the mirror to wish me a great day. I was very surprised and delighted at this simple gesture, and it added to my day's celebrations. We also received a birthday cake towel creation that I totally loved. My husband and I enjoyed some more of the honeymoon cake we received on Saturday (is 5 days in the "fridge" safe? Who knows, maybe we just got lucky) and hung out on the balcony for a bit. The spa was our next stop and it was pretty empty since all-aboard had just occurred. We took time to unwind from a busy day and enjoy our pass. We didn't spend long there as we had a 5:30 reservation at Cucina del Capitano for my birthday (I love pasta), so we made our way back to the room to change.

Quick snap from the waiting room in the spa area.


A little video composition of downtown Willemstad and our tour guide play the 47-bell Carillon at the Curacao Museum:

We found ourselves in the corner of an empty restaurant at 5:30pm. Turns out we must eat dinner way earlier than most other people, because it took quite a while for the room to gather a crowd. The service we had there was fantastic and professional, and the food was phenomenal. It was VERY much worth the $15 per person, check it out! We split two appetizers, the calamari that was delicious and the burrata that was pretty good, and the tomatoes on the plate were sweet and tasty. The Captain's Favorite Insalata was very good but slightly overdressed, per my husband's comment. My husband had the pappardelle for his main course and it got completely demolished, haha. He couldn't get enough and definitely walked away stuffed, I had the Linguine Alfredo with Shrimp and it was SO amazing and rich and I would absolutely order that again. I opted not to get a side, but husband has the roasted broccoli and liked it. 



Calamari and the burrata


Salad:

My husband's pappardelle and roasted broccoli


For dessert, as if we needed any more food, we had the lemon sorbet and polenta cake with mixed feelings. The sorbet was great but the cake was just alright. We also had the apple dessert that was "pretty alright." My husband also ordered the espresso corretto with sambuca, something which we had no clue what it was but sounded interesting to try. Now we know why we aren't familiar with sambuca- it's black licorice flavored liqueur, something we absolutely despise. We split the drink and virtually chugged it because we paid for it and didn't want to waste it, but we knew it was something we'd never order again. As a whole, our first ever experience at Cucina del Capitano was amazing and I would totally go back in the future. If you're looking for a fancy dinner without paying an outrageous fee, I strongly suggest Cucina!


Lemon polenta cake and lemon sorbet:


Apple dessert with caramel ice cream



After dinner we walked around the ship and took photos at the different backdrops. Shout out to my husband for putting up with it! We went to the the comedic performance of Derrick Eason at 8pm, of course showing up around 7:35 to make sure we had a seat. He was pretty hilarious and I think my obnoxious laughter even came out for this show, so you know it was good. There might have even been knee-slapping. I wish I was kidding, but he was so good. Once I was done laughing so hard I was crying, we went over to the Red Frog Pub, played card games, and listened to Tom Hanson play guitar for 2+ hours, while drinking fishbowls, of course. Tom kept us very entertained and even took my husband's request for "any Florida Georgia Line song for my wife's birthday." He performed Cruise and did pretty well. It definitely added another layer of special to the entire day! After many rounds of cards and polishing off the fishbowls, we headed back to the cabin for the night.

The empty glass of pride!


Shoutout again to my husband taking so many photos with me!



Still amazed by the Dreamscape



UP NEXT: Friday, Sea Day

LINK: Friday, Sea Day

Comments